Camp Cody, regarded by Scouts and Scouters as “The Best Backwoods Camp in the Sierra”, is an off-the-grid Boy Scout camp owned and operated by Troop 1. Scouts can earn merit badges, explore the outdoors, and learn leadership and teamwork skills in an incredible setting at 7250′. With no roads into camp and no electricity, Camp Cody provides an authentic week of backwoods camping that Scouts have enjoyed for over 75 years.
The camp is led by an older Scout called the Junior Camp Director, who works with a team of a dozen other older Scouts called Junior Officers, and together they collectively deliver the camp’s daily program. While adult staff members are always present to teach merit badge classes and ensure safety, it is the Scouts who have the chance to lead and be led, regardless of age. It’s a memorable Scouting experience that’s safe, fun, and unlike any other camp in the Golden Empire Council.
|July 13 – 14||Work Weekend||All Scouts, parents, and camp alumni invited! Many hands make light work – we need everyone’s help to set up!|
|July 13 – 19||Work Week||Only for Junior Officers (JOs), Work Weekers, and adults invited by the Senior Camp Director and Cody Committee Chair.|
|July 20 – 28||Camp Week|
|July 21||Alumni Day||All camp alumni invited!|
|July 27 – 28||Family Weekend & Close of Camp||All parents and alumni invited! Please bring $5 if you plan to join us for Saturday night’s dinner. Sunday’s breakfast is free! Scouts and their families do not leave camp until the JCD has declared camp to be over on Sunday morning. (Alumni, however, may leave whenever they wish.)|
Merit Badges Available at Camp Cody
Other Opportunities Available at Camp Cody
*For those intending to earn BSA Lifeguard, contact Mr. Mike Leonard to review qualifications and pre-work. You will need to purchase the Red Cross Lifeguard Manual and read Chapters 1-6 and Chapter 11 prior to camp.
Note: You must bring a hard copy of this publication to camp.
To obtain this 300+ page publication, there are a few options:
- Purchase it from the American Red Cross ($32.00)
- Download from the American Red Cross (free, but you must print it)
Policies & Forms
- BSA Medical Form
- Camp Cody Food & Environmental Allergy & Anaphylaxis Policy
- Camp Cody Food & Environmental Allergy Consent to Participate
- Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan
- Camp Cody 2019 Brochure – Information for all Scouts, adults, and family members who attend Camp Cody (password is same as the roster)
- Camp Cody Staff Manual – To be read by all Junior Officer Staff and Adult Staff members (password is same as the roster)